PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 29th Sep 2015, 08:34
Ldggrup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update on IST

Hi guys.. Just came from IST so just writing my experience..

Before you go for assessment you need to do online assessment.. They dont give you pass or fail for that. In the mean while you should get simulator package which has the sim profile, approach charts, checklist.. Make sure you print them and take it with you on simulator day.

I was given WOW hotel. Its a 4 star hotel very close to IST airport.. Free shuttle from airport to hotel in every half hour or 10 lira by taxi.. 10 Lira ~ 3 USD.

Next day pick up was at 0830 and took is to simulator place just 2 mins away.

You start with introducing yourself to fly dubai and meccti.. We were 5 in total.. After that we were told to go wait outside.. They called us in again after 5 mins for group excercise..
1 excercise was that you are a group of board of directors of fly dubai what will you all do to plan the growth as 1 aircraft per month is joining the fleet.

2. You are on boat what will you take with u to survive.

There was another one something similar.

Then they send you out again and call you after 10 mins.. From our group only 3 go for the next round..

Next round is interview.. Asking about yourself, stories from your flying experience.. Like when did u fly with a capt who was not nice and what did u do about it.. A time when u had disagreement in cockpit.. Things like this and it continues for approx 45 mins.. Very relaxed.. You can ask questions.. Interview is done by 1 capt and 1 HR person.

When everyone was done with the interview and results were declared.. Out of 3 now its only 2 of us for the next day.. They checked and took photocopies of all our documents.

Day 2. Simulator was scheduled from 1200-1600 but as were only 2 so we started a bit late.. Around 1300.. Sim was exactly as given in the package and is all raw data.. Non precision they want you to use vor/loc v/s instead of lnav
Vnav..

They said if we pass we would be in holding pool and joining will be after April 2016.

I hope this helps..