PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How are RAF Pilots categorised into; Fast Jet, Multi-Engine, and Rotary Wing?
Old 28th Sep 2015, 19:59
MPN11

Received 137 Likes on 64 Posts
I'm tiptoeing on broken glass here, but whatever ...

As part of my job, I used to run the ATC Supervisors Course, which I initiated. intended to give young ATCOs a bit of a kick as they moved from just looking at the scope as 'producers' to actually managing the operation.

I got an old buddy from Staff College [then in IFS] come along to give an aircrew perspective to our people, who were on the bottom rung of an actual career. He got his DSO for something else, later on ...

Anyway, he used to ask the Course "Which pilots give you the most problems?" After a not-surprising response from the majority, which I had experienced on the shop floor in ATC, he then gave the Course "The way the system worked" for FJ aircrew and others, much of which I recognise from up-Thread comments.

It was very enlightening, quite detailed, and gave our young people a slight inkling of how best to deal with the various voices coming out of their headsets.