PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Letter from MH
Thread: Letter from MH
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2015, 13:05
Shep69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPSept--that wasn't my take on the letter; i.e. do NOT hurry anything up. Conduct a thorough review of the paperwork just as we normally do, do a thorough preflight and preflight prep just like we normally do.

And it wouldn't matter--as professionals and as licensed professionals this is required of us anyway. Other than skipping the two or three minutes of shaking hands it's bizness as usual. If things are that tight that something we've been doing for years is all of a sudden important to shave a few seconds off it's probably time to take a step back.

Like I said, show up when you're supposed to, do what you've always done, and take it eaaaaaasy. This isn't our concern for our part. Just a few minions running around with pens and paper. Let them do their thing; who cares what they write down or who's to blame for what. Just pretend there's an 'ignore' button like on the internet.

If anything, it's probably time to be a bit MORE thorough in checking things over. When folks get rushed and tired they make mistakes. We have the experience and judgment to know this and avoid external pressures that can make things unsafe. As well as the will, character, and responsibility not to allow a dangerous situation to continue to develop. Not everyone is blessed with this perspective and it's possible others might get suckered in and miss something on the paperwork, in cabin prep, or in fixing the jet.

So the only net effect is maybe have a little closer look at things and take a little extra time to make sure things are right.