PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates pilot list
View Single Post
Old 28th Sep 2015, 08:43
Emma Royds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's very interesting to see here how quickly a group whom knows next to nothing of what is being proposed comes so quickly to a decision of not interested/go away/get lost/ur evil etc
The trouble is for many of us in Dubai and myself included, there is little appetite to entertain any 'cold calling', irrespective of if its a phone call or an email or even a leaflet. It's simply down to the fact that there are too many people trying to contact people in this city, in a bid to sell something and it gets very tiresome after a while.

When one realises that their company contact details have been supplied to a third party without the their knowledge, then an element of frustration is added to the mix. Perhaps this maybe why so many of us are simply not interested in speculative calls or emails etc and especially so when our data has been obtained behind our backs.

I no longer answer any calls from UAE numbers unless I know the number. The number of calls I now get involving people selling me something has reduced markedly. Hallelujah!