PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Contract agency rants and Kudos, Vietman, Korean, Asiana, Rishworth
Old 27th Sep 2015, 15:23
Kobus Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With two good friends we signed for a contract in SEA.
Some allowances were promised before signing and ... guess what we got...
So we had meetings with Rishworths agent (JP) and he agreed to talk to the airline. Not one issue was addressed. IMHO they did not even talk to the airline for risk of losing any further recruitment through them.
My personal opinion of Rishworth was once you signed the contract and started, you are on your own should any issues arise.

Personally I do not agree with any recruiting agency as my experience with Rishworth was it was a tool for corruption, the DFO and CP bragged about the their 'Rishworth Villas' they were building in Spain.

The difference between what the airline was paying Rishworth and what we were being paid was significant. Rishworth made well over 7 figures with the numbers they sent to this airline. For doing what I ask!
After one year with Rishworth all were employed (UNDER CONTRACT) direct with the airline and could be dismissed with three months notice. So what was the point of employing through the contract agent. Answer is above.

Avoid contract agencies, the more reputable airlines employ you directly, not through an agency.