PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can I instruct in US without working papers
Old 27th Sep 2015, 14:58
mitirino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Tinstaafl: I hope you realize that what you are syaing is like saying that there shouldn't be lottery becasue it will ruin the labor market. It's just rediculous. There will be one lucky dude or dudette and we'll be doing this for all the right reasons. I don't think you have grasped anything but that's irelevant to this thread.

@BEagle: I actuall did. I have my Canadian instructor's rating too. However in Canada you can't freelance. You have to get a job at a school and that most of the time means full time job or at least being availble a lot. I just can't have a full time instructor job with two kids and all the driving around that this entails. So unfortuantely my rating has now expired and I was not able to instruct in Canada. One of the things I can hopefuly do is to get enough hours in US as an instructor (I only have 50 now) and then I can become Class III instructor in Canada. When this happens you can actually freelance a little, although still much more restricted than in US.

My aim in this is to flight instruct. I want to get someone to solo.

You are right that people will have trouble renting me an airplane when they hear what I'm trying to do. Especially that hearing what I'm trying to do has very little with what I'm actually trying to do, so people get the wrong idea. And unfortunatley in the last 15 years or so flying is becoming subordinate to fear, whit all the bad things that come from this - like Tinstaafl here grasping my cheracter from a bunch of posts withouth trying to consider any other points of view. So it will take some figuring out. I'll probably have to get an airplane myself somehow and do it that way... Or part-own an airpalne with someone, but then I'm afraid US gov may consider the student paying for the airplane to actually equate to the student paying to me.

Anyway, I now know it's technically doable, so the details will come up somehow.

Have fun flying everyone!