PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Route to Instructor rating
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2003, 22:10
Invicta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Route to Instructor rating

I am a Brit. living and working in Texas (East of Dallas) a low time PPL having just gained my FAA PPL. Ultimately I would like to instruct on GA aircraft and am trying to pick my way through the maze of qualifications, time requirements, bureaucracy etc in order to achieve my goal. I have no ambition to become an airline pilot, just to teach for the fun, (and get some additional hours logged). I am already a professionally involved in training and training development so I would see flight instruction as a natural route for me.

I have two questions; Is it feasible for me to train to become a AFI/QFI in the UK under JAR and hold down a full time job, and If so what would be the best route.

And secondly, is there a need for FAA instructors (CFI/CFII) in the UK teaching the FAA syllabus and to people wanting FAA additional qualifications or to maintain their FAA licence via BFRs.

It would probably be easier for me, not to say cheaper to follow the FAA route, but is there a market for part time instruction in the FAA syllabus in the UK.