PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2015, 22:13
Trash 'n' Navs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to Prof Henry G. Overman of Spatial Economics Research Centre in 2014,

"IPPR North's numbers which suggest we are set to spend £5,000 per person on infrastructure in London but only £250 per person in the North East. These figures are certainly striking, but they should be interpreted with considerable caution because they are far out of line with actual expenditure. Actual expenditure is reported in the Treasury's Public Expenditure Statistical Analysis Tables. According to those tables, in 2010-11 London received £800 per head (compared to an English average - including London - of around £400)"

and

The £5,000 per head figure for London includes both private and public investment. If you look only at projects that involve the public sector as a funder the London figure is £2,500 per head. If you look only at projects where the public sector is the sole funder the figure is £770 per head.
http://spatial-economics.********.co.uk/2014/03/how-unbalanced-is-infrastructure.html?m=1

So Shed as I said, we can quote stats all day but you still continue to disparage those who have a different opinion to you.

I'm forming an opinion that you don't understand macro-economics. I thought the Davies Commission provided ample credible evidence that the benefits were substantial and UK-wide. I also note the South-West are in favour of Heathrow expansion because of the benefits their region will receive.