PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you're considering EK take the time for a read:
Old 26th Sep 2015, 13:26
Touch'n'oops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally I have few issues flying for EK. Yes, it can be tiring flying all hours of the clock. I've even learnt to meditate and this has gone a long way to help me beat the fatigue.

I have worked for some real doozies before EK. So everything is relative and I will always remember what life was like flying for other airlines, not for me.

EK is NOT for everyone, a friend left within a few months to go back to his previous airline. EK actually said don't worry about the bond and let him go.

As for the training, I think it is well above the standard than what I have had in the past. I enjoy a challenging sim and walk away with a lot of food for thought.

The whole industry has been on the slide for a long time, it's going to be interesting to see what the pilot shortage does to this trend.

Everyone wants different things and to live in different ways. Those who are unhappy are not wrong and are entitled to those feelings. I just ask that you accept that I see more good than bad.

All the best gents!