PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air coming to DXB September 23-24th
Old 25th Sep 2015, 19:33
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatty

Good question re travel bennies - So I asked directly & specifically.

Here is what I gathered from verbal response.

When you travel to ICN to rotate in for your days "on" its bizzo pos space.
On way back to your domicile its "Y" upgradeable to J according to the info sheet handed out - however VP FLT OPS KAL interjected during the Agency guys presentation and said "guys it's biz both ways every time - trust me it won't be an issue"

Re Family - you get four (ALTs) return tickets positive space for you, your wife and kids Y upgradeable to J on the KAL network per annum. This can be a multi stop sector ie LHR - ICN - AKL or whatever, doesn't matter. And you don't have to be traveling together, as in its four per individual direct family member. As long as it's on the KAL network - you are guaranteed a seat for you and fam four times per year. During this discussion CAPT RM (ex EK) spoke up and said that 9 out of ten times he and his fam were upgraded to biz. So KAL offer four ALTs confirmed per year per family member with a 90% chance up upgrades which gives you an idea how far out of the ballpark EK are. Also doesn't matter how old your kids are. If you go to 65 and they're 40.. They are your kids and entitled. Sheds a different light on EKs cut off of kids at a young age - I digress. Also full ZED priveleges for you and fam on OALs.

Personally I've been averaging 12 day off a month in the last year - these are 2's and 3's at a time and dont help my fatigue & quality time at home. The KAL contract gives you more in a row and I think will suit many of the younger and older guys.

Those in the middle life stage like me with kids in good schools at a critical age - hmm different story - as housing / schooling here decent....as long as the 3rd floor doesn't fckk with me , fine..but.first bit of nazi drama - I'm gone.

I think (and dearly hope) they will get a good few and a mini exodus takes place

I know, pathetic that I'm not pulling for my team - that's sad... But neither is anyone I know

"What to do sahib..."

Last edited by fliion; 25th Sep 2015 at 19:49.