PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Unlicensed pilot flew plane that crashed, killing 5
Old 25th Sep 2015, 17:44
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
0340 am ??? Why leave at that time? Sounds like a late party and a crazy stunt of an idea to take his mates flying, maybe under the influence of alcohol.

If he built the aircraft then he must have had a pretty good knowledge and if its true the aircraft had 300 hours then again who flew HIS aircraft?

My guess was that he flew it or he was very generous with his aircraft.
5 people ?? I wonder what that did with the C of G and at NIGHT? i wonder what night and instrument flying experience he had?

Sounds like a late party prank gone wrong or why leave at that time overloaded (probably) and out of C of G (probably) if he built it he would still of known about loading and C of G and had a pretty detailed understanding of the aircraft.

I remember something about a crash in Scotland where a drunken pilot left a party for a night flight in a Cessna 150. They found the wreckage but no body which was found miles away after he had fallen out.

Not sure what would happen with claims against this non pilot and Tort Law? regarding his PAX

Pace

Last edited by Pace; 25th Sep 2015 at 18:06.