PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstart NZ Regional - Captains & F/O's
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2015, 10:54
TheMist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Backtracking, with a start date of Dec 1, just on 2 routes, a month for the type rating, Nov, and a month notice to start, Oct, and considering some started their type rating around mid Sept, there is no problem reaching the start date. Though at the very commencement with line training required, they will need an all Auz crew I presume. Would line training in Auz count? Anyway, from the stories I am hearing it would seem the whole interview process is nothing but a exercise to satisfy some requirement of interviewing the locals. Q300 training Captains and current Q300 pilots are not making it through. Quite a few Suzi pilots are being interviewed. Myself, with similar sized aircraft turboprop experience and ATPL being given the 'no' of not meeting their requirements to even get an interview. All the while the pilots that have been given the yes are Instructors with experience less than the advertised minimums. When combined with an interview that scrutinizes your ASL exam results and looks for exact dates from your log book to match your in interview stories, all tells me the entire interview exercise is just to tick a box, and they only required a few who will take the conditions and treatment that Jetstar will provide.