PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus Cadetship 2016
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2015, 22:46
EZY_FR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fostex
May be of interest to some...

FTE selected me in April for assessment for the BAFPP, I attended two further assessments at Waterside and was given a place on the BAFPP. Unfortunately due to a combination of my current employment contract and personal situation I was forced to turn down the BAFPP as I could not start the course until next year.

I applied to the Aer Lingus scheme and again spent time on my essay answers. I am an Irish national and it would have been an ideal opportunity for me. Alas, I was rejected by FTE.

So less that six months after FTE told me I was a suitable candidate for the BAFPP, something that I subsequently proved by gaining a place, they have told me they now no longer consider me worthy of an assessment. To me that does not give me much confidence in their recruitment process. I am not naive enough to expect that success at the BAFPP automatically guarantees me a place with Aer Lingus. But what I am surprised at is that when FTE and BA previously identified me as having a high level of aptitude for flight training, I was rejected at an early stage.

Finally, I might add that I am 34, which I suspect had an awful lot to do with the response. Something that is of course illegal under EU law, but impossible to prove.
Fostex

I am so sorry to hear about your situation. To go through all that prep for BA and find out you can't do it due to commitments must feel awful. Chin up mate, that golden opportunity is waiting for you!