PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin & PPU / BALPA
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2015, 22:04
xollob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thad,

Thanks for the thoughts, I presume all the above is based on the recognition agreements not being contractual, without knowledge of what the VS terms of employment and their specific agreements say I don't know.

Is there the possibility that VS management retain all agreements but in effect search & replace the word Balpa with the word PPU, thus in effect nothing changes ?

I am hearing lots of mixed views, those saying that it could all turn to rat s**t is just Balpa scare mongering because they don't want to lose VS as it could be their undoing as other airlines do similar and the other side of the coin that it is partially or wholly accurate that it ends up a token recognition agreement not worth the paper it is written on.

I can't personally, with a view from the sidelines see there being an alliance because as I understand it the current feeling in VS is that the majority of pilots do not hold faith in BALPA, it would probably have jaws hitting the floor if that happened and the new large members of PPU members wondering what exactly is going on - just like the whole trigger (Balpa and Ewing ) that lead to this current situation in the first place.

I continue to watch from the sidelines with interest.