PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerologic
Thread: Aerologic
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2015, 21:37
Billboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Iver
I cannot predict if we get any further airframes, there are always rumours about new equipment for the Last two or three years, i think it all depends what will happen next year with LH Cargo, as you know, they have another five T7 on order, but no one knows where they go. DHL, who owns 50% of AL, is not realy interested in buying new aircrafts, thats my impression. For expansion, we need definately additional airplanes and this will of course impact upgradings and recruitment. We have plenty of Senior First Officers waiting for an upgrading, but I think not enough for 5 new aircrafts, but once again, we might operate the next years with the same number of aircrafts, aviation is like lottery!
By the way, starting salary for a Second Officer is 40k Euros, maximum for SFO is 95k Euros, a Captain is starting with 108k Euros, 170k is the limit, it all depends of your previous experience!
I know that the money is less comparing to EK,EY,QR or TK, but i prefered to stay in good old Europe and not going to the sandpit, it's so simple.