PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whistle Blower
Thread: Whistle Blower
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2015, 08:46
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
The story in Private Eye (strangely, not seen as I am an avid reader of the Eye) doesn't make a lot of sense. What is a level 5 security clearance? Presumably DV - but as far as I am aware, the terminology hasn't changed. And why were internal disciplinary proceedings held, rather that going to a civilian court? A 'flight risk'. I've never heard that term (or the restrictions) applied to Service personnel. I suppose that there's a lot more to the story...but it sounds a little fishy.

It's not clear whether he's a civilian SO2 rather than being (back)in the RAF.

And why would he report fraud concerns to his vetting officer? If he was worried about the CoC he should have contacted Defence Fraud Analysis unit or MOD Police. But vetting officer?

Just had a look at the Linked in page....hmmmmm,...very odd. Joined in 1981....left/kicked out....seems bitter about everything. Very odd, indeed. It is a little incoherent and definitely full of insinuations about almost everyone he's worked with.

And he got the hump with the Police as well, but there's a pattern here.

As one who still feels wronged by the RAF, I have stopped pursuing a civil remedy because it can become all-consuming and cloud one's judgement. I've got (for me) the dream job and I think of the poor saps who think they got one over me...stuck in MB or High Wycombe mediocrity. When I'm surveying a border post with the local Border Service, attending yet another garden party on some foreign embassy's lawn, or dressed in No 6as visiting a warship, I think of Hurricane Block and smirk...

Last edited by Whenurhappy; 24th Sep 2015 at 09:08.