PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airside IDs & Five Years of References!
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2003, 19:13
You splitter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The crazy situation is made ridiculous when you consider that you can obtain an airside ID from a non BAA airport & you then have the right to go airside on a BAA airport!
Not true I'm afraid. The DTR directive was issued to most airports and aerodromes in the U.K. I have the list but it is far too long to repeat here.

To clarify a few other points:
The directive is in force as from JUL this year. However a years grace is granted for exisiting pass holders to complete the Criminal record check. So us Guys with passes have until JUL 04 to get this sorted.

With regards to the 5 year history see the extract below:

In order to retain or apply for a full pass an exisiting or new employee shall be required to complete and sign the pass application form giving details of his education,training and employment during the preceding 5 years or since the age of 16, whichever is the shorter period
This could well pose a problem for some. However it does not say how many you must have or that you would be penalised for having a years gap between two. That needs some clarification.

My opinon? Instead of wasting money on extra staff to plough through this paperwork how about extra staff to actually check out the references they already have!

Last edited by You splitter; 30th Jun 2003 at 20:39.