PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airfield with Good restaurant on site or nearby?
Old 23rd Sep 2015, 19:34
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am thinking about flying up to Gloucester in an arrow, over the next couple of weeks to see family, and I would like to take them somewhere for lunch. I was thinking about going either West or North depending on the weather for a good spot of lunch somewhere.
Could try Gamston, it's about 95 miles from Glos. The Apron restaurant is generally reckoned to be the best 'on site' eatery in UK GA. Pricey though and booking essential. VOR on the airfield so no excuses for not finding it.

Bit closer is Sywell who do a good lunch in the hotel which is art deco if you're into that sort of thing. There's also the Pilot's Mess (I think it's called) where you can sit on the balcony and watch the comings and goings.

Leicester has a perfectly adequate eatery as does Conington.

Took an Arrow down to Shobdon today from Gamston funnily enough, stunning scenery in that part of the world, nice airfield caff as well and very friendly folk but if it's an impress the family trip you might want to look at the more 'restauranty' end.

All of the above have hard and long runways.