PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - East Midlands
Thread: East Midlands
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2015, 16:33
turbroprop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EastMids

Why not do some research before you post.

CARGO - EMA does very well out of its cargo operation.

Fact - there are actually two cargo aprons.

Fact - As well as DHL, TNT, Royal Mail, FedEx plus others all use EMA

Fact - Most of night time Cargo Flights are scheduled flights. The operators run a very tight schedule and the on time dispatch rate would put any pax operator to shame.

It would not surprise me if the actual cargo aircraft movement we on par with the pax aircraft movements.

The ratio of large aircraft being operated by the Cargo Airlines is greater than the Pax operators. ie A300, B747, B757, B767, B777 and AN24. So the airport will generate a nice little earner from the landing fees for these aircraft.

Another benefit is cargo is labour intensive so more people are employed at the airport due to the cargo operation than the pax side of things. Thus the expansion at DHL is most welcome as it will create jobs.

On the pax side of things compare the UK to many other counties and it is obvious we have too many airports competing for a finite amount of punters. If one airport gains some routes it will be at the expense of another airport.

As for the airport management. They are professional people and as such would like the business to be successful. I am sure they try dam hard to attract operators to their airports. I do not think they get out of bed thinking how can a screw EMA, BOH and other airports within the group in favour on MAN.