PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 30th Jun 2003, 18:26
Winnie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Grrr

Black eye for me!

I guess my copy of TIME/LIFE "The world at war" is wrong and I bow my head in shame of smearing Maj. Bong's name.

SASless and all others, I did 5 years of service on Fast Patrol Boats as an enlisted and later as an officer in my homecountry's navy, but now I am a civlian flight instructor. Again, so I may be harsh, but I still think that it is people like this that give us a bad reputation.

This is just like the other day, one of my students went out and did a little "low level flying" cruising around at 50 - 100 feet AGL, and even told the tower about it. I guess the consesus here is not to tell anyone about it? He should just get a WOOHOO get going dude!! and a slap on the back for a great show?
I belive in setting a good example, and we took him in the office, and gave him a "slap on the wrist" verbally, and entered a letter in his training file, which noone will ever see but us, unless he kills himself.
SO, should we condone this action by this wayward feller that flew under the bridge? I still think not, Maybe it is going too far taking his license away for ever, but he should atleast get a stiff fine, and have his license taken away for a while.