PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA 330 Penang
Thread: KA 330 Penang
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2015, 20:45
betpump5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anotherbusdriver,

Many here will disagree with you on your statement. It has EVERYTHING to do with the incident. If you don't know why, I suggest you grab yourself a coffee, a pack of 100wg biscuits and read The Fragrant Harbour and archives for the last 5 years. Admittedly, also have a pinch of salt with you at the same time.

Let me illustrate to you what the public have a right to know as a paying passenger:

Case point - I'm on the jump seat of a 777ER. The Captain is a local guy, recently made a Captain. The FO passed his QL few weeks previous. (non HK but came via the ab-initio route).

What are the Recent Experience levels? Captain would have done 12-18 sectors per year as an FO in his last 5-8 years before the handful of sectors during the Command upgrade. FO during his 8 months of line flying between the JFO upgrade and the QL was lucky enough to get a sector every 2 months.

Total Experience level on the Flight deck in the last 5 years between the two pilots? 100 odd sectors. Just what you need going into MNL on the VOR, 130/20G35!