PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dragonair A333 structural damage
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2015, 13:53
Airbubba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a pax narrative of the event from the comment thread of the Av Herald article linked above:

I was a passenger on this flight.

The plane 'hit' the ground harder than any landing I have ever experienced in a torrential down pour. The main wheels first then a bounce off the ground the nose dipped fully forward then all the landing gear crashed back onto the runway. I had a window seat and we were half way down the wet runway.

The engines went into reverse there was heavy breaking until the far end. The whole plane shuddered. landing done by the female copilot ( I think ) flight attendants screamed as we touched down. thought the engine was going to hit the runway first such was the rolling motion.

expected the captain to apologise as we taxied to parking but no .knew the plane was damaged, there was starnge burning smell and it creeked as we moved slowly to parking. Children were crying and I was stunned and traumatised. In the terminal as we de planned I could see what looked like smoke from the tyres and the captain sat in his seat with his head in his hands. I thought he was crying.