PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reason you take up flying?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2015, 02:19
RyanLee024

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fulfilling my childhood dream in short. Whenever I get on a plane I always enjoyed the scenery I can see from above. It's like a constant reminder of how beautiful mother nature can be.

I've always enjoyed watching planes take-off and land at the international airport in my city (Hong Kong).Even though it was an hour's drive to get there I always felt worth it. How I got my license though was a lot of back-and-forth attempts and a lot of opportunities that I tried to take advantage of.

I then kinda forgot about my dreams of being a pilot as I go on through primary and secondary school. It then all came back one day in high school when a university organization offered a PPL(A) ground school course with a two-week practical training in Brisbane Australia for high school students. I brute-forced through the ground school stuff and went to Brisbane twice and earned my piloting experience up to first solo. Then unfortunately as college started I stopped attempting to attend

Fate intervened again when I dropped out of this university after losing interest in my field. I then was accepted to another college but would not begin studying there until 6 months later. So I took up the courage and contacted the flight school I went to all those times before, went for the flight training and got my Private Pilot's License after two and a half months of continuous training.

Now I'm back in a college studying in the same field again, I still take to the skies once very month just to remind myself of how much I enjoy flying, and how hard I've worked for that license.