PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment Discrimination
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2015, 01:00
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
You know, Proudly Zambian, way back when I had 200 hours I got offered a job in your beautiful country, flying Cessna tourist flights around Victoria Falls.

I really wanted the job, however, I was unable to accept the offer of employment due to the fact that I was not eligible for a work visa.

(It was suggested to me that a "brown envelope" containing $5000 USD would be sufficient to make the work visa problem magically disappear, but that's beside the point).

The point is that all countries, including your own, place barriers on the employment of citizens of other countries, in the form of work visas. And they normally won't issue them unless the employer can prove there is nobody available in their home country that is able to do the job.

There is not, and never will be, a "shortage of pilots" at the 200 hour entry level. In fact every country on earth has many many thousands of people who would like to be pilots but who are "disadvantaged due to training costs"

Even if they wanted to, a European airline couldn't sponsor a bunch of Zambian cadets for work visas, they'd get laughed out of the employment office.