PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 11:28
APG63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PittsExtra, I need to be be brief here before a morning meeting.

but given the elements being investigated by this review when the AAIB investigation is complete it is unlikely that this review has not dealt with ANY of the specific causes
The CAA review will report long before the conclusion of the AAIB investigation. If there is a further release before then that is relevant, they will include that in their considerations. That could significantly prolong the process. The plan now is not to wait for that report but to focus on matters arising from the accident (NOT specifics of causal factors - there is none identified at the moment).

There is a huge contradiction with these two paragraphs
And

So why not focus upon those items - whatever they maybe?
And

having the wobbles over parts of the current process that until know (sic) everyone had the utmost faith in
I didn't say wobbles, I did say not issues being posted here and I didn't say they were issues of safety concern. I get the impression you believe there are flaws in the processes that don't necessarily exist. The review will exmine all aspects anyway, which is always a healthy thing. Don't be disappointed if they don't find fault in the sytem.

Of course the bigger question is if there had been questions over such fundamental areas what, who and why were the barriers to change.
I have seen no barrier to change. Changes are implemented openly all the time. What barriers have you become aware of in the display world?

From your earlier post

Those engaged in this activity professionally have already made up there (sic) minds with some degree of certainty why this crash happened
The professionals I am engaged with most certainly have not.

I'm doing nothing more sophisticated than taking the same view as fits the majority of all accidents
No causal factors identified yet, we do not know which previous accidents to compare to.

Finally,

If the CAA wanted to throw resource at this it would be better to aim it toward the AAIB so that reports and follow up become more timely
The AAIB is independent of the CAA for very good reasons. The AAIB will call for any expert advice or assistance from wherever it considers necessary. The forensic investigation is not something you can simply throw people or money at to speed it up.

Must dash.