PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA 330 Penang
Thread: KA 330 Penang
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 09:53
Samba Anaconda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just under 2.9 G . The real issue of course was the landing weight. Airbus are still investigating. Expect to be ferry fly to hk and gear replaced at the least.

FO is female, HK chinese.
Capt is Expat, senior guy

FO did landing. They got huge sink rate as possibly manual flying with thrust idlearound 100 feet. Capt tried to recover but the thing hit nosewheel first.

Fate of both crew TBD. Previous history would sugest displinary action for the Capt, and the FO to return to line, scott free.

Suspect the money saved on hiring this young lady has gone the way of the dodo.
Over the land of the morning calm, I had an expat f/o with thousands of hours. Same thing with him as PF high sink rate below 100feet RA; he disregarded my order to go around. I took over, ToGAed, firewalled the thrust levers and climbed away. We did touched down with a slight thud before climbing away. Long debrief but No.1 claimed that he was too focussed on aiming for the spot.

I guessed this lady f/o had less experience, so it can happen to an f/o with more than the required command hours. Skippers can no longer afford be macho and take their eyes off the ball during f/o's landing anymore.