PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reason you take up flying?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 08:07
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reason you take up flying?

there have been a spate of posts from people saying they have no confidence after 100 hours their instructor questions whether they should take up something else?
We then have posts on how little Jimmy went solo at 6 hours while Fred has flown 60 hours and still not gone solo.
Some seem as happy in the air as ducks in water some are frankly scared stiff.

What brought you to taking up flying? Was it a long held passion? a Top gun man thing ? just a whim?

I know when I started flying over 30 years ago I was fully focused on Car racing. i was sponsored and had visions of being the next world formula one champion.
i lost the sponsor, attempted to continue without and quickly realised that my mission was futile.

i packed it in and with a love of speed and controlling machinery decided to learn to fly but not with a PPL in mind but purely to Solo so I could tell myself I had flown a circuit on my own. As it was I continued to PPL and beyond finding it hard sometimes to justify the cost

What attracted you to learning to fly? Was it for the right reasons or maybe in some cases the wrong reasons ? I know in my situation there were times where I lost the motivation and had to have a new goal in flying and in those times nearly chucked it in. The same with especially the loss of two very close fiends in flying accidents where again I nearly chucked it in but then I am still here) what has driven you ?

Pace