PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you're considering EK take the time for a read:
Old 21st Sep 2015, 04:43
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry

The T&C's comparison between the two airlines, however, is a different story altogether.
True. If you add up housing and schooling allowances to compare UAE to USA salaries, then be fair and compare what you can get in the respective environement with the said. It then easily evens out the incumbent taxes.

This is for all the dreamers out there believing the “no tax” fairy tale in the pit.

That's the rub, not the money. Quality of life is the number one priority and in the current situation
In the end you’re right, it comes down to QOL and if you can cope with it in the pit, good for you.

Most of us though have a problem with the “punish first, then assess later” brain wiring of the management around here (it exempts themselves and locals, naturally).

This is particularly serious when you want to leave. You are regarded as potential criminal until you have cleared each and every bs step imposed by employer, banks, administration, telecom company and so forth. Any slip or unintended omission will either block you here, impound all your belongings or cost you in an unaccountaed whimp the huge deposit asked throughout that oh so tolerant and civilised society (not).

I can somehow understand the attraction of what is whispered by EK, we all got tied up by it. What eludes me is that back then when we came along, there was very little bad news about EK, they seemed quite civilised (the change is almost unbelievable!!), but today there is an abundance of warnings and sad stories easily verifiable about the cr@p happening around here.

So why are there still guys applying?

First I do understand that there are similarly bad carreers out there and a change to the presumed better always has its moths flying into the candlelight.
But with so many warning signs that it is not better? Are they as dumb as moths?
I guess not, but there must have been a change in criteria for recruitment, maybe even in today’s general schooling: Reading comprehension seems no longer required