PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you're considering EK take the time for a read:
Old 20th Sep 2015, 16:46
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SOPS

Not sure why you're dragging my name into that last post, shouldn't you be directing that at another poster.

You are right though, I do not earn $300k. Monthly net figures are around 19K with accommodation allowance. Include schooling allowance and that rises to $22k. Senior trainers will be taking almost $30k a month. I think that easily compares with Delta's pay scale, don't you. What you also fail to realise is that these figures are far more achievable to a larger number of pilots in a far quicker time frame than Delta pilots. You're probably quoting very senior guys with 20-25 years plus, and that's before tax is taken into account. I'm not even close to 15 years.

We may be working hard but the salary, as I've stated numerous times before and will continue to state, is actually pretty good. The T&C's comparison between the two airlines, however, is a different story altogether. That's the rub, not the money. Quality of life is the number one priority and in the current situation, it does not appear to be getting any better soon hence so many people looking to leave.....and doing so.

And for the record Tomcat, nice post. Only correction to make is that after 10 years here, EK contributes 15% of salary to our Provident Fund.

Harry