PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you're considering EK take the time for a read:
Old 20th Sep 2015, 07:41
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new tomcat

I don't know every single detail regarding what was or wasn't agreed about you pensions but I do know enough to see what impact those decisions have had on a colleague of mine here in EK. He left Delta around 9 years ago and joined as a DEC. He's a true gentleman and a very competent pilot with over 20,000 hours under his increasing in girth belt. His view on the Delta pensions story should be a wake up call for everyone in this industry. It's left him very bitter about the process and the then incumbent management and certainly financially worse off. He described it as daylight robbery.

From a personal 'perspective' as Monarch Man refers to, I would have to agree with my US friend, describing your view as somewhat of a Stockholm Syndrome. How can you vote to get rid of a pension? You state that you were appossed to it. No **** Sherlock as I'd imagine were the other 99.9% of your mates. Your Union gave you a loaded gun from Delta and said "lose your pension or lose your jobs". Right? But a few years down the road the airline has shiny new liveries and uniforms, courtesy of your pension. Talk about being screwed. No wonder there's no vaseline in Dubai, you guys used it all up. Your referral to class leading pay and conditions, which admittedly is good, is now used as justification for the fact you guys took it royally up the rear and are probably too embarrassed to admit it. You rolled over and the CEO laughed all the way to his Hampton mansion. Sounds kind of familiar to the Monarch one and many other similar stories that plague this industry.

I just hope for your sake that this envious flying rate your refer to and the bonus they give you offsets the loss you made on those pensions.

As Harry said, pilots have short memories.

Last edited by BYMONEK; 20th Sep 2015 at 08:02.