PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2015, 21:38
UNDbadger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I guess this question is more directed to those who currently work at AJX.

It will take a couple of years to gain the experience required, but I am looking to find out what it is like flying for AJX because it will only take a few years to be competitive with my Airbus Type (supposedly).

- Do you all commute to and from Japan, or are some of you able to live within the country?

- Do you think that AJX and other Japanese carriers will continue to seek expatriate contractors? My Japanese friends are telling me that there is a obvious shortage, but I do not know if that is being resolved.

- I was told by American students of mine (I teach at an Airline Stateside) that if I take a contract as a First Officer, that I will never be a captain, that is a false statement from the ignorant, right?

- I've met Americans who work mainline ANA whilst I was in Japan, but I am assuming they got there during some time, long ago, with impeccable timing. With a perpetual JCAB, does one have the ability to seek employment with other Japanese companies after fulfilling their contract?

I have so many other questions, I would really like to be able to PM individuals who are currently in Japan. I want to learn as much as possible, being able to work and hopefully live in Japan would fulfill a long term dream of mine. Thanks!