PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2015, 15:52
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was correct on fares as I said Easyjet 38% higher than Ryanair (78/56), their claim is 28% lower than Easyjet which is also correct
Fair enough suppose lots of ways to look at it.

But, I'm then astounded, when clicking on 'fare details' of the national to see the 'ticket fare' is as low as €30. The add ons are security, pax tax, environment tax, ATC charges, airport xyz, etc. etc. In that case even the ticket fare was cheaper than the LoCo which started life at say €90. The LoCo price breakdown only publishes the add ons charged by the airline after you've bought the ticket. What puzzles me is that the ticket is sometimes, not this occasion, cheaper than the mandatory add-ons charged by the airport. How can that be???? Surely every carrier has to pay the local charges equally?
Generally yes but airport costs vary for gates/a-bridges/aircraft/terminal in some cases, time on ground etc.

It's really based on how you display the fee's to customers. FR have displayed the taxes previously but then loco's sort of moved to a single fare which flag carriers had but also allow a more detailed breakdown.

In some cases it's not practical to change passengers full fee's etc on every single route. UK-IE traffic would be a good example.