PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If you're considering EK take the time for a read:
Old 19th Sep 2015, 12:49
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...and that horrible working environment.

Well Luke, I did have to laugh at that. I assume you mean environment as in 'Company Culture', rather than the actual environment you spend time in, right? Air conditioned, short sleeve shirts with food and drinks on demand, controlled rest (needed... grant you that), best views in the World and then 24-48 hours at nice hotels with clean bedding, room service and happy ending massages in BKK.

Because if you didn't mean that, if you think you have it bad, I wonder how at least 95% of the World feels about "horrible working environments'.

Personally, in my entire time within aviation, I go to work, do the job professionally (still with pride and enthusiasm) then come home and enjoy as much quality time with friends and family as I can manage. I have very little contact with management, I don't bother them and they return the favour. The day I stop enjoying it or when I can earn the same or more money for less work and stress..... is the day I leave.

You obviously did that with QR. Well done. I hope it's worked out well for you.

Harry