PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - F-35 Cancelled, then what ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2015, 09:20
glad rag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbine D
glad rag,

A place to start would be here:
http://www.public.navy.mil/surflant/...partments.aspx
Prior to the very first F-35B flight tests aboard the Wasp, training was accomplished ashore to familiarize the appropriate Wasp's crew members with the F-35B aircraft as I recall.

If the crew changed composition between the then and the May IOC, I would assume the Navy had most of the responsibility to train any newcomers, but I am really guessing.

TD
TD thanks for that link.

IMO the deployment [Wasp] report firmly points towards a poorly conceived and planned exercise/deployment where the term "ad hoc" was the primary motivator......

PS one thing of note from Wasp report was that main electrical power cannot be applied to the aircraft [in it's current form, no pun intended] when on the flight deck as it needs a "cooling cart" to do so.
I wonder if this is due to the inability to carry out an avionics isolation procedure as there is no electrical isolation equipment fitted [removed due to weight cuts] OR it's truly a design?????

Do our new UK carriers have the ability to provide this cooling facility built in? And if not WHY NOT??

I will assume that these deficiencies will be addressed on future build standards, no doubt with further detrimental effect to the F-35b's waistline...

Last edited by glad rag; 19th Sep 2015 at 09:34.