PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 30th Jun 2003, 04:36
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Was it a different Richard Bong you had in mind, Winnie?

Brilliant pics Blender !

Looks like you have misunderstood some of the thread Roofus. Nobody's said "'Real' helicopter pilots break the rules!
Nobody's said he shouldn't get done by the CAA if they trace him but many hope he's not caught. (I wouldn't dream of expressing an opinion myself as a Mod, of course. )
Should we as 'professional' pilots openly & publicly encourage & support such actions?? I always think of Rotorheads as a Crew Room. We might be 'overheard' of course, but if we worried too much about that the forum wouldn't be much fun.
Should we fly under bridges just because we can? Again, nobody's said that. Some people think it was harmless fun for which he's bound to be punished if he's caught but aren't buying the 'shock horror' danger stuff.
"old pilots & bold pilots" etc?
The gap is a quarter of a mile wide and 100 feet high? I don't know how old SASless is (for example) but he survived Vietnam and looks like he's still going strong.

Interesting discussion - and poll.
I wish there was a way of seeing whether there's a pattern of voting linked to country and/or flying background, but there's not.

Last edited by Heliport; 30th Jun 2003 at 07:23.