PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 30th Jun 2003, 03:56
Roofus

Just Dropped In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope I've misunderstood some of this thread....the impression I'm getting is that 'Real' helicopter pilots break the rules! Um...well that's utter !!!!

Should we as 'professional' pilots openly & publicly encourage & support such actions?? I kinda think not!

So...what to do? Well.....if ya can't do the time, don't do the crime blah blah. If he/she gets caught...I have a funny feeling the CAA will hang 'em out to dry. Right or wrong? I dunno....not enough details. Why was it done? etc etc. There may well have been operational reasons.....or was it a wazz? Was he solo or did he have crew or pax onboard?

Should we fly under bridges just because we can? Are you serious? No!!

I dunno what all you guys do with your machines for a living, but I know my job presents enough challenges & hazards........enough 'Buzz'....without me having to further increase the risks by throwing a bridge into the equation! Yeah...I'm a pilot, I love my job, I enjoy my job, I love to have the occasional play....but if I flew under a bridge the rest of the guys in the crew would string me up!

I'm still a bit shell shocked to find so many 'professionals' actively supporting this! STAGGERED would be a better word!

I'm gonna poodle off to my obviously very naive little corner & gaze with admiration at such daring aviators!

What is it they say?....there are old pilots & bold pilots...but no old & bold pilots! Gosh how little 'they' know huh!