PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 30th Jun 2003, 03:24
t'aint natural

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Winnie: Flak duly comin' up.
Quote: "So it is a little harsh taking buddy's license away, but at least that may prevent him from doing the same again, and maybe even killing himself/others."
There are a lot of people in this world who know that the only way to stop you killing yourself/others is to prevent you from flying. Rules don't come into it, they'll take your ticket.
Every time you walk to the aircraft you think, hey, let's try and make sure today's not the day I kill myself/others... I'm taking a calculated risk here, but I think I'll get away with it...
If you then let the little ol' hot dog out for a romp, it's all part of the same risk equation. We're talking about something that was illegal here, not something that was dangerous. Despite the hang-em, flog-em faction's attempts to make this chap out to have put the population of Skye in jeopardy, I remain unpersuaded.
If he'd gone in the water, then throw a wreath after him and say, "So long sucker, you weren't as good as you thought you were..."
And take a risk again tomorrow.