PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2015, 15:15
2close

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi hegemon88,

This has been examined as a group.

The initial meeting with the barrister to look at the merits of the case cost £2,500 (and the solicitor did not charge for his time).

It was concluded that there were good grounds for judicial review and even merit in legal action under existing disability discrimination and sexual discrimination legislation, possibly even a route under genetic discrimination although this was clinging at straws.

The bottom line was that the barrister estimated high court costs at being at least £75,000, more likely closer to £100,000, a significant amount of which would have to be put up front, and this does not take into account a protracted case, contested by the CAA.

Of course, this was pre-EASA and no longer applies as the CAA simply claims that EASA is in the driving seat and that any action would need to be taken in the European Courts. Rack up the costs even more.

And going back to the original investigation into a legal action, we were left with no doubt whatsoever by a certain senior person at the CAA that "any action will be vigorously contested and we've got a lot more money and time than you......so bring it on" (I paraphrase!).

My advice....bin it....don't waste your time and money, use it for something more productive and more fun (I can give you the names of some decent bars in Thailand and Cambodia!). By the time you've spent 15 years and £10,000 of your own cash fighting and maybe winning the case followed by £100,000 + of your own cash getting your ME CPL IR/MCC/JOC/TR you'll be replaced by a ground based 'drone' pilot as the next (phablet) generation of passengers embrace pilotless passenger aircraft and the bean counters figure out how much they're saving by sacking all the flight crew!

Wow, I thought I'd stopped being cynical!!!!