PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aussies are coming
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2015, 07:06
homoeconomicus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
#3 couldn't be more correct !

Originally Posted by cf680c2b
This is a really bad idea. 3 reasons just of the top of my head.

1- the airline industry in the U.S. Is in the process of establishing equilibrium of supply and demand. The value of a Pilot is finally beginning to gain recognition. We don't need imported labor to continue the artificially low wages at the regionals.

2- these Aussies will ultimately gain residency/citizenship through longevity, marriage, etc. and will compete with American pilots for the coveted jobs. Who wants more competition for AA, UA, DL, UPS, FX....please raise your hands. I'm sure these folks have no interest in flying for regional making squat for the rest of their career.

3- When I lived and worked back home in the U.S., my perception of Aussies was, well, crocodile Dundee-ish laid back with a shrimp on the barbi style. Well, that can't be further from the truth. Ask anyone in EK or any other airline with a substantial number of them. Of course not all are the same and I've met some good guys but the overall majority are not easy in the cockpit.

Anyway, you RJ folk back home better get with your unions on this. Regionals need to start paying for its talent. Import labor will diminish this effort.