PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avionics Workshop Jobs?
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2015, 05:13
Bradley1023

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avionics Workshop Jobs?

Hello all

I am unsure as to whether this is the correct place to ask questions about this, however i found similar discussions on students who are looking for apprenticeships as AME's.

I am currently nearing the end of an Avionics Cert IV course at Aviation Australia in Brisbane. I understand that its outcome is designed to have all the theory components of an Apprenticeship as an AME completed, making you look more advantageous to prospective employers.

However I am interested in looking at Avionics workshop Jobs as an option and i can find very little about them. I only Graduated High school last year and definitely have a heartfelt desire towards electronic maintenance as a career. My decision to work with aircraft came from the fact that they utilize a diverse range of electronic systems and the they are very complex.

I haven't worked a day in the industry as an AME but I'm under the impression, that with modernization of aircraft, systems are separated into "Black Boxes" and if a serious fault were to occur they are simply replaced, then sent to a workshop where it is actually repaired. I want to get into the nitty gritty circuitry repair and a workshop job sounds like thats where its done.

I imagine allot more qualifications would be required to gain this sought of job position, maybe i would need to come from a lot more experience in the field. I thought someone here might have that wealth of experiencing the job to shed some more light on the subject.

Kind Regards
Bradley Fechner