PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Aussies are coming
View Single Post
Old 18th Sep 2015, 01:31
Captain Biggles84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
calling it how it is

I'm gonna have to agree with cf680c2b on this one. Being an Aussie as well!!!

In my shortish career (10yrs) i've seen nothing but complete arrogance in Aus Aviation and that is also probably reflected across the board in the global sector to a degree as well from Aussies and other nationalities...

It probably goes hand in hand with supply and demand. But I'm assuming your poor experience was most likely in the middle east with some of my compatriots. These are prob from individuals who have had to move over there due to 89 strike and collapse of Ansett etc... all undesirable situations but for some reason there is a small minority in there that carry this chip and ego on their shoulders as if they were owed the world.

The problem lies in when these individuals get into positions of power training departments or management.
I don't know if i know of any other profession where we get people so hell bent at times and being most unhelpful to their fellow collegues in furthering all the attributes required for professional aviators.

I tend to agree with you in regards to how the effect of Aussies might not progress any change in the regional's in the T/C department.

Personally i would just like to see a consistent approach in regards to the ability to gain a licence and the rights to work in any country across the globe with a linear recognition of credentials

cf680c2b in fact you would easily gain the legal right to work in Australia in a process alot easier than what the USA affords Aussie's at present...
The licence conversion is also a little simpler as well.. So working for QF/JQ/VA or Aussie regional's is def not a hard process if you so desired.

CB