PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier's New C Series Débuts in Toronto
Old 17th Sep 2015, 17:07
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
galaxy flyer you are right, my main argument is that they didn't differentiate. Based on the orders thus far, its clear they're just picking up the scraps Embraer is leaving behind. Im sure its a great airplane but not what the company needs to be profitable.

Willie, im not going to disagree with you because that is your opinion but honestly when we talk 737 vs a320 then ok we have 2 aircraft with fierce competition due to the high demand of these size airplanes. BUT with regards to Emb vs Bomb. there wasnt really high demand, its Embraer all the way look at the sales.

No one knows what the economics of it all will be until lets say few years down the road for C-Series but 1400 orders vs 240, i think the airlines have made their decision. And yes its 1400 firm orders that are to be made and delivered vs 240. If i want to compare a CRJ, i'd do it with an ERJ.

Im in full support of Canadian business, but honestly this aircraft has entered the market a decade too late.

Have you looked into the MRJ? 223 orders thus far, similar airplane segment, same issue (but they have 3 US customers vs 1 for Bomb.). Its a slim segment that Embraer has already dominated. Numbers dont lie, it is what it is.

Bombardier stock at a buck 72, if anyone is interested.