PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 30th Jun 2003, 00:07
Winnie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Snoop

SASless
I'm not military and never was, and I am a Helicopter pilot. I enjoy flying low and fast, and around obstacles, I love doing tight confine areas, but I don't intentionally break rules just because it seems fun!

To all:
I used to fly in the SanFransisco area, where there are a few very tall bridges, that you may fly under with no problem, howerver I never did. What is the point? Back home where I am from, (Bodoe, Norway) there is a big bridge crossing one of the worlds strongest tidal currents, it is probably 200 feet up and 1000 feet wide, foreign fighterjets used to fly under there for fun, but the problem is that there are people fishing from that bridge, how will you know that someoine got their line strung out below?

Somebody mentioned Richard Bong, who looped around the Golen Gate in a P38, are you aware that he got killed while trying to clip somebodys clothesline?

So it is a little harsh taking buddy's license away, but atleast that may prevent him from doing the same again, and maybe even killing himself/others. It is I feel, because of people like this we have such stringent rules in the first place. So I guess I'm ready to take more flak again