PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reasons not to apply for emirates airlines
Old 17th Sep 2015, 15:20
Ratherbdying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi! I've read all you fellas had to say and sounds pretty much like the problems I have with my current airline, biding is a joke, we don't have a voice, we fly 90 hrs a month and aparently whatever is making the rosters hates humans. So I've been considering applying to EK for a while to fly the big jets and make more money (almost three times what I am making currently) but I would like to hear your advice. The situation is this, I am 22, I am 320 type rated and have over 2000 hrs on type, not married and would like to live the experience to fly around the world. I pictured EK as a modern Panam somehow and thought I would get to know around and to experience living abroad. I read that most of you are from the states or aussies and maybe you are comparing to your first world countries, however I fly in Mexico, the land of corruption and kidnaping and from my current position I have no chance to fly a heavy jet and comsidering that I make around 3000 dls a month(and gpoing down since my currency is not going well) EK seemed atractive.
It is, however, a big decision to drag my arse 15000 kms to th sandpit as you call it and leave my friends, family, house etc. This being said I would really appreciate an advise, I have a couple of friends flying there but the talked marvels abouth my current airline before I got in and started complaining the moment I signed the contract. Please let me know you thoughts!