PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Beginning of the end for multilateral interline?
Old 17th Sep 2015, 12:02
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ExXB
If I'm not mistaken this the first interline agreement cancellation by major legacy airlines. One will no longer be able to buy an AA, or DL, ticket for travel including the other airline.
Not on this side of the Atlantic.

Off the top of my head, SK and BA terminated their interline agreement in May 2012, VS and the Lufthansa Group terminated their interline agreement at some point in 2013 too. I know EI also do not interline with LX and SN, but unsure if this extends to the wider LH group and quite when that was severed, I don't know, but it most certainly doesn't exist anymore.

Bad for the passengers of course, especially in major hubs for any of the above carriers as when irregularities hit it just limits the options on hand. Never mind through checking of baggage, which is also a benefit of course, but when it all goes wrong and you just want to get people on their way, it is frustrating being on the other side of the desk and seeing so many available seats you just can't utilise!