PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Naughty, naughty! Helicopter pilot's bridge stunt
Old 29th Jun 2003, 23:11
BlenderPilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Sasless,

Your words about terrorizing a baboon, chasing hippos, and nudist beaches, brought some good memories

I agree with you, as long as you do it safely there is a whole world to explore, unfortunately some countries have many rules which impair most pilots from being able to exercise their own common sense

Repeat after me......I have never flown in the treetops....I have never scouted a Nudist Beach......I have never buzzed a friend's house....I have never done torque turns.....I have never flown down the river below the trees.....I have never flown under bridges in the Rose City......I have never been a real helicopter pilot!

Flying is fun....Really!!! Have you ever chased a Hippo....terrorized a Baboon.....messed with a Grizzly Bear's mind....set flight to a herd of goats....hovered over a railroad track at night with the landing lights on......white out'ed the screen of a drive-in movie theater?

The trick is to do it safely......without harm to anyone or anything!
Unfortunately I don't have pictures of every ocasion but here are some I took a couple of years ago . . .

Taken in Guinea, West Africa from a Hughes 500D in 1991

These baboons were running for their lives, but once you are down there they are dangerous

Did everyone miss the sign?

Not a nudist beach but . . . . sorry the pic quality is not good

Last edited by BlenderPilot; 30th Jun 2003 at 00:15.