PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Police Helicopters - Automatic right of way? (Updated) The Law
Old 29th Jun 2003, 22:50
AlanM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well don the plod!! Creep Creep!!

With regard to the NSF numbers..... In the LHR/LCY zones a NSF is always SUBJECT traffic loadings. As I said before, we had the same problem with the May Day protests in London. We could only safely accomodate a max of three helis. As they were all in the City zone which is Class D we could of just given traffic info. Indeed, the policeman was asking how many were in the zone etc and getting conerned and asked for no more if poss. Therefore a compromise between all could be reached, giving the news gatherers 20 mins each etc. However, I had a whinging BBC crew keep saying "But we are going live at 1803hrs - we must go back in the zone". Eventually another heli (G-OITN i think!) offered to pull out for 10 mins.

Now - I was luckily not busy for 5 mins and with lots of traffic info we achieved the task. MAYBE Manchester were really busy and this is all low priority stuff, so I can understand it if they were under the cosh.

Oh and for the record - I watched the news on my break and they DIDN'T go live to the helicopter. Gits!!