PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bombardier's New C Series Débuts in Toronto
Old 17th Sep 2015, 02:02
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What??
Not much thought put into that post.

Canada sells real estate, bankrupt oil refineries, and steel mills to the Chinese who, by the way, are very quickly wearing out their welcome in Canada.

As for aerospace, I doubt the Quebec Government or the Canadian Government would ever let the sale of Bombardier to any foreign interest, happen. I suspect the Americans might have a say in the fate of proprietary products like the Collins suite that is part of the aeroplanes avionics suite, amongst other things like American made computers found on CSeries? Especially with the Chinese "reverse engineering" abilities and computer hacking talents? Despite the C919 having essentially the same kit as the CSeries.

The Chinese build fuselage plugs for the CSeries. Hopefully, it results in a few sales in China. All 4 OEMs are or have been setting up in China, not just Bombardier for the market it represents.

Personally, I don't think the CSeries is going to be sold to any interested foreign party anytime soon. Rarely is it mentioned the mega bucks Bombardier will receive when the Global Express jets and Challenger corporate aeroplanes are delivered to operators like Vistajet, Net Jets, TAG, etc.. Those sales from two and three years ago provide a sizeable income for Bombardier at present so, try not to focus on one number. Take in the complete picture.
Like Airbus and the A380, whose total sales sit at 317 and are not likely to increase much further. I wonder what the break even is for that program? The CSeries sits at 243 and it hasn't even been certified yet.

If legacy airlines ever wish to recover flying services surrendered in the late 80s to the regionals because of the old inefficient DC9s and B737s of the 80s, then this aeroplane is the one aeroplane they need to take back those services.
We just have to wait for the legacy carriers to figure that out. Then it's bye, bye regional jets, regional airlines and the scope clauses that came with them.

BTW, I read where Bombardier have seriously cutback their RJ production.
I wonder...

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 17th Sep 2015 at 02:12.