PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hawker Hunter Crash at Shoreham Airshow
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 20:05
Trim Stab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Courtney

You seem to have a habit of picking an argument with me at every opportunity. If you look back through my posts, at no point do I ever advocate prosecuting the pilot. I only ever asked if it was a possibility, given the information given in the AAIB preliminary report.

Neither you nor anyone else here has any idea what is in Andy's display authorisation. If you don't understand what a display authorisation is or where minimum heights are stipulated read CAP 403 before repeating such "allegations" in public. You should already be conversant with the Air Navigation Order given your CPL. Perhaps you might consider if the allegations were made by anyone that has seen Andy's DA; I doubt its contents will reach the public domain until much later in the investigation.
Absolutely correct - I have no idea what his DA contained. The "allegations" are not mine - they are clearly stated in the AAIB preliminary report:

The aircraft remained in a gentle right turn with the angle of bank decreasing as it descended to 100 ft amsl and flew along the display line.
This is completely within his DA. But then the report continues:

It commenced a gentle climbing right turn to 1,600 ft amsl, executing a Derry turn2 to the left and then commenced a descending left turn to 200 ft amsl, approaching the display line at an angle of about 45o. The aircraft then pitched up into a manoeuvre with both a vertical component and roll to the left, becoming almost fully inverted at the apex of the manoeuvre at a height of approximately 2,600 ft amsl.
Is the subsequent descent to 200ft amsl within the bounds of his DA? As I wrote in an earlier post, if he had levelled out at 500ft to start his loop then the incident would never have happened. Whether you like it or not, that is going to picked over very carefully by the police and CPS.

Just to reiterate, since you appear to have some personal relationship with the pilot, I am not the slightest bit advocating that he be prosecuted. That is a judgement entirely for the police. However, I am certainly interested in the legal procedure that is likely to unfold in the coming months and years.