PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Caravan for ****** Airlines?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2003, 21:44
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cyclic. No prizes for guessing who is a major share holder in Walter - PWC! However, I would imagine the demonstrated reliability part of ASETPA approval would preclude a Walter engines 'Van being approved for IFR and RPT in Australia. I'm sure you would be aware of the hang up the Regulator has about Soviet Block aircraft and engines........

I think Soloy are hung up on their first twin pac conversion. Not sure I can see the economics of a twin pac 'Van.

scud. You obviously have no perception of passenger, politician, public servant and mining staff acceptance of the Caravan. I operated 'Vans for over four years and in that time don't recall one single passenger comment about it being a single engine aircraft.

You are sprouting hogs wash about public servants, mining staff and politicians refusing to ride on the aircraft............ Two Caravans are owned by mining or mining related companies in Australia. Two Caravans are owned by a Police Force and regularly transport senior Police, the Commissioner and Minister for Police and mebers of the Force. (Hi Hauler )

In my experience, the following have travelled on Caravans which I operated: The Governor General of Australia, a number of Federal Ministers, most Queensland State Ministers, a plethora of politicians, numerous Public Servants of varying degrees of self importance - including the Director of CASA, the odd Ambassador or two, more deportees than I care to remember (internationally, over water!) along with their Federal and State Police guards, loads of illegal immigrants, with their guards ...... and of course, those you say won't elect to travel in the aircraft, thousands of happy passengers on both RPT and charter service.

Don't let your ignorance show........